Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Greetings

Hello there!

I thought that since I haven't done a lick of knitting tonight I might as well do something productive and do a introductory post here in the KAL. :o) So, hi!

I'm Kel (Kellie) and I'm in Lansing, MI. I have an utterly boring job that I loathe but I am also a student at Siena Heights University finishing up my long awaited Bachelors Degree so I have hope that life won't always bite. :o)

For my KAL project(s) I have no idea what I'm doing. Yay for slacking! :op I'm considering some sort of stuffed animal/doll to one day have for my children, but then I thought that maybe I'd pick projects that are useful now but also a tribute somehow. I'm still looking, basically.

As for people I'd like to do something in honor of (and don't necessarily expect to do them all by the deadline)...

My Grandma Small: who encouraged my big mouth and was proud of my ability to stand up for what I believe in even if it meant butting heads with her.

My Grannie Jones: who I never knew well enough but had a great giggle and birthed thirteen children so she must have been amazing. :o)

My Grandpa Jones: who I still wish I'd talked to.

My Ele's Kids: who have been a huge inspiration to me for almost 7 years. *Ele's Place is a healing center for grieving children. I've been a volunteer there since 1999 and ran the support group for Pre-K kids (ages 3-6).*

As soon as I figure out what the heck I'm doing, I'll share the good news. But until then, I look forward to hearing from the rest of you!

Happy Knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Hi Kel! I esp. like your Ele's Place inspiration. (I just moved to Texas from Lansing 6 weeks ago--so I'm familiar with them!). Do you still run the support group for the 3-6 y.os? It's almost a shame they're not a tad older, wouldn't it be cool to teach them how to knit little dolls to honor their loved ones?

5:30 PM  
Blogger Kel said...

Hi Bezzie! Greetings from Lansing!

I actually just stopped doing my group with Ele's for a while because of school but I'll probably go back once my schedule calms down a bit.

That would be really cool to have the kids at Ele's knit though! I don't think any of the facilitators for the older groups know how to knit but it's an idea to let stew for a while and see if I can think of something to do with it. Thanks!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Hi Kel, I'm from Brighton so not too far from you and I'm starting at EMU to finish my bachelors LOL. You'll think of something to honor them, and I bet it will be really special too.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Kel said...

Hey Katherine... yay for Michigan knitters! ;o) Good luck at EMU! :o)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home