Thursday, August 31, 2006

"Hank" the Cat Morphed into a Fish

Henry the bear is still without a face and ears - still brewing on it. As I mentioned prior, I choose to frog the cat pattern and found this one to honor good ol' Grandma Henrietta (Hank) Oudbier (we called her G'ma OddBear) - introducing Hank the Fish, all felted and stuffed:

Prefelting and prestuffing:
Post-felting and stuffing:

I loved this pattern - Fiberspace's Fanciful Felted Fish designed by Linda Taylor - the only odd thing I found with the pattern is that it called for size 8dpns and 10.5 Circular and then it never told ya when to switch over to the circs and so I didn't - I'm pretty satisfied with the results - perfect size and only took one skein of Noro instead of three (literally one tiny scrap of yarn left over). I was going to choose some uncoordinating yarn colors to truly reflect G'ma Oddbear's poor eyesight but now I realize that had G'ma had access to some Noro Kuryeon in her day she would have spared her grandchildren the scars and taunts for her color foibles. Plus this choice goes with the under the sea theme in one of the nurseries although I wonder if it will ever end up there:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home