Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Kicking around an idea

Hey all, I'm kicking around an idea here to go along with my day of the dead dolls and thought I'd throw it out there. My grandparents were very important in my life and all but one are departed. I've inherited lots of pictures of my Dad's parents at various stages in their life and can certainly get some of my Mom's parents from her. I'd like to create some type of collage/watercolor piece of art honoring them but here's where I'm a little confused. Is it okay to include my surviving grandmother in that as well? She and my grandfather are so linked it my mind it would seem the natural thing to do but I don't want to be tacky or disrespectful by putting her image in a piece honoring those who've departed. What do you think? Alicia

5 Comments:

Blogger renee said...

I think it would be really nice to include your grandmother in the piece. I know you're thinking of it along with the DotD, but I think you could also just have the piece as a tribute to and honor of your grandparents - living or passed. Like you said, your two grandparents were so linked together, it would probably seem a little odd to leave out your grandmother.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

I don't know the "rules" of DotD, but I love the idea of including your grandmother. I think you're right--in terms of the spirit of honor, it'd be tough to leave her out. I'd say go for it!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Red Dog Knits - Kristi and Otis said...

Im with the above - it seems like it would be almost more strange to NOY include her. What a cool idea!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Kel said...

I agree with everyone else... I think as long as you call it in honor of your grandparents it should include all of them. If it were "in memory of" then it would be a little odd to have your surviving grandma in there. I can't wait to see what you create!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Ok, I'm just going to keep it simple, I agree with everyone else. Hope you show us a photo of it when it's done because it sounds really neat.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home