Wednesday, October 18, 2006


Well I finally decided what to knit for the Day of the Dead KAL. I decided to knit Grumprina's Odessa hat from Mag Knits. I knit this hat for my friend Steph about four month's ago. She passed away this September from cervical cancer, and she has been in my mind ever since. While Steph was really sick, she was also very strong. As a nurse and medical student, Steph pursued all of her treatments head on. Let's just say she had faith in the medical community. Now some of us were bitter she was mis-diagnosed with "stress", but Steph just wouldn't want that. She would want us to remember the good times and move forward. On a different note, I found out this past week that her family will be use the money from her malpractice suit for a nursing scholarship. Anyways back to the Odessa hat, I loved making the hat for her. It arrived soon after she lost her hair and she loved the hat! To give you an idea of how funny this girl was, she referred to her bald head as the solar panel for her sex machine. She was just a riot. So I thought I will knit this great hat and remember a great Steph. I left the beads off, as I am not a bead person. I hope I will get to meet some of you soon. Maybe at the Day of the Dead KAL get together. It looks like I might be able to attend. Hopefully my second job will not schedule me to work on that day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Larjmarj said...

Great picture! The hat is sort of cute scary!

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Great hat, great story. Good for you!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Kel said...

Great hat and a lovely tribute. :o)

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home