Sunday, November 05, 2006

Well - the camera decided to work today - we are having issues with it and are beginning the search for a new one...

Here is my finished Day of the Dead Project:
henry

This side represents our dog Henry, who we had in our family from puppyhood for 10 years. He died of a bone cancer. His ashes are buried in our backyard.
cody
This side represents our dog Cody who we adopted when she was 2 years old and had for 5 years. She was a special little package. Her side includes a tongue as she did not bark but would hang her tongue out of her mouth, bobbing her head up and down in protest.

I started the finishing process last night - while watching Lord of the Rings - Return of the King (dh - how much light do you REALLY need?) We were watching the extended version (4 hours!) and I decided to put it away during the last 2 hours to really enjoy the battle scenes! I finished this puppy at noon today - just in time to get over to Amy's house for a Day of the Dead KAL celebration! We had a lot of fun and it was great to see some of the entries in person. I told Amy it is a good thing I had a deadline for this project as the finishing of stuffed animals is NOT a favorite activity of mine - I rarely knit animals. I used WoolEase and changed the charting for the Handsome Hound pattern I found. I decided to stitch on pieces of felt to Cody's side I couldn't image another piece with this intarsia wanted to make each side unique for each of the dog's personalities.

I want to thank Amy and Kristi for hosting - it has been a lot of fun and I really want to see everyone else's entries very soon!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous kristi and otis said...

Great! Love the details and the creativity.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow!!! I would have never guessed that's what you were knitting from your WIP pics. I love it! very creative doing one side of the dog for each pup you were remembering!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Miss T said...

Love the two-sided dog, and it was nice meeting you at Amy's party.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

This is cool! That is a neat way of remembering past pets... :)

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home